SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Back Home

I’m home. And guess what, I miss the beach already. You know what my folks were doing when got home? Yardwork. And guess who in the Orgone family doesn’t have a bad back and can do the heavy lifting without breaking a sweat?

Yeah, that’s right. Me. Little tiny me, delicate flower that I am, got stuck with unloading and then spreading topsoil, mulch and … get this, I even had to lay the dadgumned sod. Sure, the heat doesn’t get to me, and all, but its like totally incredibly boring and I got covered in dirt. Disgusting, is what it was.

My dad is one crazy human being, getting a truck load of that stuff so late in the day. Suppose I hadn’t come home. You think he could have even got it all off the truck? Not a chance, buddy. This afternoon, I was super-slave labor, and even this evening, I’m super-unappreciated.

I’ve been gone for a week and you’d think maybe I might get like a home cooked meal or something? Maybe even one of my favorite dishes? Nope. Mom and Dad are out on the town, and I’m stuck here, wondering if I’d do more damage to a microwave dinner by putting it in the oven or by zapping it with heat vision. Did I mention the microwave was broke? I did think of that one, I’m not that much of a ditz.

I got a list, honest. Microwave doesn’t work, the sink in my bathroom leaks, the toilet downstairs runs, and.. get this, the frigging cable box broke and while Daddy was nice enough to get a new one, he got this fancy DVR thingie which is still in shrinkwrap and doesn’t seem to have any instructions.

All of that would be like no big deal if I could just like order a pizza or go out for a burger. But did super-parents think to leave their little girl money for dinner? Of course not.

Today is, well, ok, its probably not half as bad as it seems, but it feels six times that bad to me, and since its my blog, that’s what counts. I’m in just a nasty mood, about this that and everything. So nasty in fact, that I’m sort of afraid to go out and go play super chick. I mean, I looked at the dog tonight, and he ran away. What hope do you think a criminal would have of living?

I think tonight's a night for ice cream and, well, a movie would be great, but since the cable's out, I figure I'll probably just spend the night on the telephone. So much for a glamorous evening.

Daph

1 Comments:

  • At 7/24/2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, you could have gone OUT to a movie -- if there were any movies worth seeing!

    Do you have phone numbers for Marina and Risitara? Maybe you could commiserate with them.

    Hey, at least Super=EX Girlfrend bombed. Maybe Hollywood will finally get the message that there's no big bucks in dissing superheroines.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters