SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Monday, July 17, 2006

My Super Ex- Bad news for the Good girls

Ok, this may sound utterly ridiculous, but I wanted to say a few words about a new movie coming out, called my super ex girlfriend. I haven't seen it, and have no plans to, but even the trailer made me want to make some pretty darn serious points about this thing.
First off, as far as realism goes, this thing looks like typical hollywood drivel. First off, casting Uma Thurman. Give me a break. With legs that long, who in the blazes needs superpowers? I actually like her acting and all, but I mean, some of us superpowered types are vertically challenged and have to actually work hard to get respect. Get this ... superheroines do not necessarily mean supermodels.

Then there's this idea that the super -ex wants revenge. Give me a break again. Revenge? Just how hard do you think it is for a girl like me to get revenge on a guy? The tough part is constantly not using your superpowers or starting to think like.. like that blogger woman, that men are just worms that you can step on when they get in your way. Guys are... um, let me see how to put this. They're fragile, really fragile, and I'm not just talking about physically either. Human girls, for example are just as fragile physically, but they're inherently more adaptable and canny, I guess is the word I'm searching for. If a guy really pissed me off, honestly, I seriously doubt I'd bother doing any of the stuff I saw in that trailer. I KNOW I wouldn't throw a shark at him, for example. Yuck! Plus, its just damned cruel to the shark.

Now, I'll admit some of this may be sour grapes. I understand that this G-girl chick actually managed to do it with her guy, which is something I doubt I'll ever manage. And she's got a job, and apparently some pretty awesome costumes too, things which I don't have. But beyond all this, honestly, my biggest problem with this movie, is the chick seems like a total nutcase. Like, I mean, if she's that crazy, you think there'd be much of a planet left?

So, you got this nutty bitch with superpowers. And she's pissed off, right? Well, guess what, I don't think thats funny, I think its totally terrifying. Nobody'd be safe, and people could die real easily. Us supertypes, we can't afford to be complete flakes like that, or at least not if we want to have any hope of playing for the good guys.

But its not just unrealistic. Its also dangerous and discriminatory. I'll admit I'm selfish and immature sometimes, but I'm also probably the most restrained teenager on the planet. I got to think before I act, because, well, if I don't, things can go to hell so easily. So I do. I don't go around hurting people or peeping into their bedrooms and pants very often, even though I could. And its not just some awesome moral code thing, either. Its like a PR thing. I sort of, um, liken it to the whole American foreign policy thing. If you got more power than other people and you go around flaunting it, what happens? They hate you is what. Theyre jealous, maybe, or scared too, but the end result is, they don't like you and before you know it, they're thinking of ways to put you down.

A movie like this, it seriously gives us superior girl types a bad name. I got enough problems relating to the human race without stuff like this floating around. Even if it doesn't engender out right prejudice and discrimination, fact of the matter is, after a movie like this, the odds of me getting outed for some dumb mistake probably quadruple.

Honestly, I'm halfway tempted to track down the guys who made this movie and give them a piece of my mind. Course I won't. Know why? Cause unlike that fictional superthin long legged nutcase, I'm not a bully. Doesn't mean I don't feel like it sometimes, but I can't get away with acting out on all my emotional problems. Still, sometimes, I really wish I could.

Daph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters