SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Telling Ted

Well, once again I proved tonight that being super doesn’t mean you get everything right or that you don’t mistakes.  

In case you’re wondering, I’m talking about Ted.  Tonight I just couldn’t take it anymore, and really, I felt like I had two choices: dump him without an explanation, or give him an explanation and see how it would go.

Want to know how it came up?  You guessed it, Ted was doing his best to gently stroke me into making out with him, rubbing parts of my body in an effort to turn me on, and I was trying my best to watch Buffy.  After a long while, Ted finally came out and asked if anything was wrong.

“We…e….el….”I said finally, sliding back on the sofa and turning to face him.  I could tell he wasn’t happy when I did it, but he also seemed to like the view of me head on too.

“See, here’s the thing, Ted.  There’s um, a lot of stuff about me that you don’t know.  Stuff that I don’t tell everyone and, well, stuff that may explain some things, which would be good, I think, but also might, um, well, it might change things between us a whole lot.”

Ted looked confused and I smiled compassionately.  

“It’s um, like, well, you know Supergirl?  I know you do, I saw the books up in your room.  Well, that’s sort of how it is with me.  I don’t have the costume and all, but…”

Ted’s eyes told me he thought I was crazy, and I cringed inwardly.  I’m a freak, but I’m not nuts, and I didn’t like him thinking that.

“Daph.. what are you talking about?” he asked.

I glanced about, looking for some way to demonstrate while sitting on the couch, and then gave up and got up and moved to the other side of the couch.  No big deal, right?  Well, I did it pretty fast, fast enough that I guess to him, I probably disappeared or blurred or something.  I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned his head, I kissed him.  Lightly and sweetly, but on the lips and I didn’t exactly worry about whether he wanted it or not.  Its not like I was really rough with him, but I also didn’t bother to pretend that he had any choice in it.

“Wha… “ he said and I backed up on the couch and pulled my knees up, instinctively assuming a defensive posture.

“I’m fast, I guess, and um, pretty strong, too.  Then there’s the …”

“X-ray vision?  Flying?” Ted said, somehow conveying his disbelief at the same time that I could tell he was getting turned on by the thought.  That was weird, looking at him like that.  

I nodded, waiting for him to see me do it, and then got up at superspeed and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a knife.  By the time I sat back down next to him, it looked like he was just beginning to register the fact that something had happened, probably catching the blur of me leaving or something.

“There’s more, Ted” I said handing him the knife handle first.  

“You’re, what? Invulnerable?” he said now obviously having a hard time with all this.

I nodded again and held out my arm.

“You can try to cut me if you want, just, um, be careful because the knife might break.”

Ted shook his head, plainly not believing any of this.

“Ted” I said, “I’m trying not to make this overwhelming, but, um, if you don’t believe me, I .. I can’t just let you think I’m crazy.  There’s like other ways I can show you, but .. I don’t want to scare you.”

“Scare me, Daph?” he said shaking his head.  “I … I’m not scared, just um..”

“What?” I said staring at him.

“I just can’t believe….”

I sighed and stood up again, moving in front of him for a moment as I tried to figure out how to demonstrate without really freaking him out.  Then I decided that a little freaking was in order.

I reached down and picked him up, pulling his body against me into an approximation of a full body hug.  I could feel he liked it, but this time, I didn’t bother to concentrate on relaxing my body.  I just let him feel the hardness in my thighs, my abs, even the much softer and yet still impossible firmness of my boobs.  And then I gave him a little squeeze.

“D….D…. a….” he gasped, struggling for breath, even as he began to struggle against my body.

I smiled.  “Don’t try to talk, silly, I’m just making a point. I won’t hurt you, see?”

I let him down on the couch and stared at him as he struggled to catch his breath.

“You.. you really are?” he said finally.

I nodded and sat back down on the sofa next to him, but a little ways away.  Right then, I wanted to touch him, but I also knew he was scared, as well as turned on.  The turned on bit I didn’t really care about just then, but I didn’t want to scare him any more.  

“Yep, and of course, um, its like a big secret, ok?  I’d hardly have a life if everyone knew I was a freak like this.  Can you imagine, like, what the government would do?”

“Yeah….” Ted said shaking his head, “I can.”

So, I’m sitting there watching him, you know, and let me tell you, it hurt to do it.  He didn’t say anything for like the longest time, and during that time, I could see and hear his heart pumping way and the sweat starting appear on his forehead.  There’s times when being able to focus like that, it really sucks, because even though I didn’t really know what he was thinking, I could imagine it, and I had all sort of clues that, while he might still be turned on by me, he was scared.  I mean really scared, and that sucks.  I mean, its a good thing, healthy and all as far as he was concerned, but it still made me feel pretty bad.

“Ted…..” I said finally, “Ted, um, say something please, its me, Daphne.. please say something.”

“Like what?” he said finally.  “Daphne, I just don’t know what to say.”

“Well…” I said, realizing I was about to start crying and desperately trying for that not to happen.  “Um, for one thing, if you’re going to keep ooching back on the sofa away from me, could you please, like, um, tell me you’re not going to run away.”

“Run away?” he said, shaking his head.  “Could I even?”

I sighed.

“I’d let you, Ted.  I’m not a monster, I mean, well, I am, but I didn’t choose to be this way.  I mean, I wouldn’t Ted.  I just wouldn’t.”

“Daph?” Ted said, “do you think, uh, you could like give some time, like to digest this?”

I stared at him for a moment and then nodded.

“Yeah, Ted” I said as a tear finally forced itself out.  I was standing up by then and picking up my purse.

“You take all the time you want, Ted.  And, um, if you want to talk, when I mean, then you call me, ok?  I’m going to leave you alone, Ted, cause that’s what you want.”

And then I left, not really at super speed, but definitely not like slowly either, because I didn’t want Ted to know I was crying, and I didn’t want his family to know either.

Its been like two hours, and my cell phone hasn’t rung.  I’m not feeling good about this.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/15/2005 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, thought I commented already yesterday..
    Im sure he will come to you soon. Just give him some time. It was like a huge shock for him, you know? Just let him alone for some days.. I really hope it will help.

     
  • At 11/17/2005 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But do you even WANT him to come back to you?

    On the other hand, if he figures he's being dumped and starts talking....

     
  • At 11/17/2005 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why shouldn't she want him back? Because he reacted... natural?
    And Im sure he wouldn't talk... if you think how scared he was as she was his girlfriend... hed not go out of the house if she got his enemy, right? And even that wouldn't help him..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters