SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Family Dinner

Sunday night is family night with the Orgones, and tonight was no exception.  Mom and Dad are really great people; raising a kid like me was not exactly an easy thing, even though my powers didn’t really entirely get too freaky until puberty, I was never what you’d call a normal kid.  Although I wasn’t doing things like lifting cars as an infant or anything, my strength was always way out of whack with what it should be, and even my senses were over the top.  Try getting a kid who couldn’t be vaccinated into school and you’ve got only the tip of the iceberg of what Jonathan and Martha Orgone had to deal with.

Puberty really messed things up even worse, too.  Just like every other kid my age, I’ve sometimes thrown tantrums, and, well, at a certain point, there’s limits to what human parents can do to keep their feeble control over a girl who they can’t lock in her room.  Don’t get me wrong.  I’m basically a good kid, but I also have needs that I don’t really think most girls have on the same level, and I definitely have ways to get them that most don’t.  At a certain point, I think both mom and dad knew that I was going to do what I wanted to do and all they could really do was try to make sure I had all the right information and stuff.  They certainly don’t pry like some parents, even though they know I often fly out of my bedroom window and stuff.

Honestly, at times, I wonder who’s the parent and who’s the kid.  Dad, for example, had a real rough time when I started to fill out.  Its not like he’d ever do anything, but its also not like he could hide the fact that he got turned on by me.  He started freaking out, and I got pissed, which only made things worse.  Eventually, mom stepped in and forced us to work it out, but its hard.  Really, that whole episode was one of the biggest times I really saw how fragile my parents were, and after that, as much as I know it hurts both of us, Dad and I have had a whole lot more distance.  Mom’s the one I can talk to some, but I scare her too sometimes, and I generally try not to upset her.

Nevertheless, I think both of them knew something was up with me tonight at dinner.  I got Dad staring at me in a funny way a couple of times while I ate my asparagus and Mom was shooting him those looks, sort of like, behave and I’ll take care of this later.  Me, I was happy, and chattering pretty incessantly, about nothing and everything.

It wasn’t until after we’d done the dishes and Dad was out walking the dog that Mom made her move and hopped onto the couch with me.

“Ok, Daphne” she said, “are you going to tell me  why you’re smiling like a Cheshire  cat.  Dad’s, uh …”

“Dad’ll be fine, mom, after you two get some alone time.”

Mom blushed a bit and shook her head.

“Honestly, Daphne, you’re right, but he is worried about you, too and so am I.”

I shrugged and sighed.

“It’s a guy, mom” I said.  “Just a guy, and before you go there, it’s a guy I have not been messing with.  He’s like a friend, only, um, well, I’m going to behave with him, Mom, cause I think he really likes me.  Not just the packaging,  but me.”

Mom smiled, but I could tell she was forcing some of it.

“Daphne, your packaging is pretty hard for guys to see through.  Does he know?”

“Not yet, and maybe not ever, but I’m thinking about telling him.”

Mom frowned.

“You know the lecture, Daphne” she said.

“Ya, I know it by heart, Mom, and I’m not rushing into anything.  Don’t worry, ok?  I’m happy, and its like a crush or something, like I’m a real girl.”

“You are real, Daphne.  Don’t say that.”

“You know what I mean” I interjected.

“I know, I know.  But still, Daphne, you can get hurt.  Not physically maybe, but … if you need to talk….”

It was my turn to force a smile as she leaned over and gave Mom a hug.

“I know, Mom.  I promise, I’ll be careful.  Question is, what are you going to wear for Dad?  I haven’t seen him that …”

“Daphne!!!” Mom exclaimed.  “Can’t we at least pretend that you don’t…”

I grinned.

“I don’t, Mom.  Honestly, never on purpose and I try not to even listen.”

“Good, because, well, with you grinning like that, I think its going to be a long….”

“Mom!!” I said, “now you’re doing it.  I’m not supposed to know he’s got the hots for me, remember?”

We both giggled, and were still giggling when Dad came in.  Then it was my turn to make myself scarce.  I did listen a little bit.   Pretty heavy panting for old folks.  Weird, and gross, but I still can’t help but smile when I know they’re  enjoying themselves.


                  

1 Comments:

  • At 11/07/2005 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Raising a taboo subject, and still making it sweet. That's WRITING!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters