SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Party

Ted picked me up for the party tonight and things went a whole lot better than I expected.  From the moment we got into the car, Ted was talking to me like, well, sort of like partner or something, on a secret mission.  Want to guess what the mission was?  It was pretty much a question of teaching his brother’s obnoxious friends a lesson, and while it was pretty weird to be used like as a weapon or something, it was pretty cool the way he described it all to me and included me in on it.  

See, Ted’s brother is like a major jock.  He’s not really dumb, but you wouldn’t know it, and he’s always on Ted’s case about being a nerd who’s never going to get a hot chick.  Well, enter Daphne, hot chick to end all hot chicks, the girl to once and forever get Fred off Ted’s back.  Ok, so it was pretty corny, but it was fun, and working it all out with Ted as an accomplice was even more fun.  Or at least talking about it was.

Doing it got a bit hairy at times, but I’ll  give Ted credit, he handled it pretty well for a guy.  Basically, my job was easy.  Flash the flesh and hang on Ted, making sure to let every one there know that I was interested in him.  Like that was going to be hard to do!  I think I played my role pretty good, too, because on the few times I left his side, some of those college girls started sniffing at him as if they were wondering what I could possibly see in him.

Yeah, in case you’re wondering, I got hit on too, but you know what?  I wouldn’t have expected not to dressed in a bikini, and it was kind of cool to at least have it being done by college guys and not high school kids or criminal types.    The only thing that really freaked me out was this one girl who came on stronger than most of the guys, but hey… I was just playing a role, right?  If I do ever mess with a girl, I can tell you, its going to have to be someone a little less clingy than she was, though.  I’m not all that sure about girls.  In some ways, well, they really don’t push my buttons like guys do, but when you really get down to it, I’m not sure it’s the guys that push my buttons as much as the way I think about them.  I mean, let’s face it, I can see where, from a physical perspective, with me, I’m not sure there’s a whole lot of physical difference.  Mentally, emotionally, maybe so, but, well, I can see where … um.. I’m digressing.  Back to the party.

The one sort of disappointing thing about the whole party was that Ted tried to go drink for drink with me for awhile.  Not a great idea, and by the time I realized he was doing it and stopped drinking, it was sort of too late for him.  I can get tipsy, and there were probably lots of times when my speech was slurry and all, but my body burns the stuff off really fast, and poor Ted, he didn’t have that little advantage.  By about ten thirty, I was all but propping him up, which in a way was sort of fun, but also got old and put a downer on what otherwise would have been a pretty incredible night.

So, when the party kind of shrank and that girl suggested we hit the hot tub, I didn’t protest, and I’m pretty sure Ted was by that time quite incapable of protesting.  It was a bit lukewarm for my taste, but the bubbles were kind of cool, and it was a pretty neat way to let Ted feel me up without being totally disgusting.

Granted, the conversation was a bit freaky, but it didn’t seem to bother Ted all that much, and before long, I was just relaxing and letting Ted enjoy himself pressing up against me while everyone else talked and drank.  I’m pretty sure that some of the other guys, and maybe even that girl might have owned some of the things that bumped up against me too, but it was all good, I think.

When Fred and his date got up to leave (and there was like no doubt  they were not going to sleep), I sort of half carried Ted up to bed, pretending to have a much harder time than I really did with it.  I guess its not the way most girls think about a hot sexy date, but then again, I’m not most girls, and I’ve made guys pass out by kissing them anyway, so why should I get hung up if they can’t hold their booze?

Thing is, in Ted’s bedroom, I did a little exploring.  At first, it seemed pretty, well,  I don’t know, guyish.  I mean, lots of debate trophies, a few pinups, and not much in the way of style.  Then I noticed his bookshelf.  The guy was a serious reader, even if he’d only read half of what was there.  I got excited, thinking maybe I could figure out more about him from what he read, and so I started checking it all out.  

Know what I found?  Well, Ted had this whole little section of stuff about WonderWoman, Supergirl and whole bunches of superchicks I’d never even heard of.   Plus, he had books, honest to goodness books, not just comic books, but, it was almost like a collection of books where the covers all had women on them, and from the blurbs, I could sort of figure out a common theme.  The guy had a thing for strong women, like women with superpowers and stuff.  Do I have to tell you I was intrigued?

Ted was still snoring, so I took the liberty of giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before creeping out of his room and heading back home.  I walked, rather than flew, mostly because I wanted to like have a chance to try and digest the whole night, and especially what I’d learned from Ted’s bookshelf.  

It seemed pretty clear Ted was into Supergirl types, but I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it.  On the one hand, it might just be some sort of thing he got off on, and yet, on the other hand, it was entirely possible he might also be able to be a real help to me, if, for example, I wanted to let him know about me.  I’m not really sure which possibility got me more excited, nor could I exactly figure out how they might work together, but, well, lets just say, just looking at those books on his shelf, somehow it made me feel a whole lot better about myself.

Honestly, it wasn’t until I was typing this stuff up that I realized, maybe Ted’s fantasies, whatever they might be about superpowered women might not be a good thing.  What happens if the fantasies don’t live up to the reality?  I mean, how would I measure up against all those girls with the impossibly long legs and hair that never gets messed up?  

Fantasies are one thing, and reality is a whole different kind of thing.  I mean, in the comic books, not only do girls not have periods and stuff, but they also don’t get bitchy, they don’t flirt with other guys, and I seriously doubt that Wonderwoman ever stayed up late at night typing onto a blog about her insecurities.  In lots of ways, I may be up to snuff, but I’m pretty sure, even if I don’t need airbrushing, that I’ve got enough emotional and mental flaws to throw a monkey wrench into things.

I’m going to go to sleep now, I think.  Tonight has given me a whole lot to think about.
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters