SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Even Supergirls get the blues

Cassie was right about the basketball thing, which doesn’t surprise me at all.  To be honest, I’m not all that sure I wouldn’t have wiped the court with those guys even without superpowers, but when you consider that watching the other players was sort of like watching a movie in slow motion, it ended up being downright boring at times and tedious like you just wouldn’t believe.

Mind you, I don’t actually think I’m a great basketball player or anything, but the guys really didn’t seem like they were interested in guarding me as much as trying to cop a feel most of the time, and they sure didn’t seem to be trying very hard to try to keep up with me.  I know, it probably is just the fact that I’m so much stronger and faster, but I really don’t think that’s all of it. I did my best to keep it honest, really I did, including letting some of the cuter guys knock me to the floor and block shots and stuff, but it wasn’t like I was going to let my team lose.

When we got done, I was almost as covered in sweat as everyone else, just not my own.  And I saw Coach Collins sitting on the bench trying to catch his breath, I sort of jumped on the opportunity to tell him I was quitting the team.  I don’t think, between staring at my chest and panting from exertion, that he even heard what I was saying.

“My face is up here, Coach” I said grinning to try to take the sting out of it.  After all, the guy was sitting down and its not like I’m not used to that sort of thing.

“I’m sorry, Daphne” Coach said looking up.  “You, uh you want to quit the team?  Why, Daphne?  Is it me? Is it something I did?  I promise you, I wasn’t staring…”

“Right” I interjected, trying not to laugh at him.  “Look, I stuck my boobs in your face, ok?  That’s not it, Coach, and you don’t need to sweat like a sexual harassment thing, ok?”

He looked pretty stunned, but there might have been some relief there as well.

“But why Daphne?” he said, giving me that pitiful look that so many guys give me, the one that I have like a hellacious time resisting.  But this time, I was determined not to give in to the temptation, in spite of the way that helpless pitiful guy thing always made me feel.  I might not be as smooth as, say Lauren, but could fight fire with fire, and turning the tables shouldn’t have been all that hard to do.

“Coach, um, listen, I’d really rather not go into it, like, well, I mean, you can probably tell that I can play and all, but its really not that much fun for me to play with girls, and… I’m going to go out on a limb here, Coach.  I know it sounds pretty dumb, but I just really don’t want to play on the team.  I… I’d rather not get into it, can I just like tell you it’s a personal, um a female thing?”

Yeah, that confused the daylights out of him, but just to make sure I had him really where I wanted him, I took a deep, slow breath and gave a sort of a pout.  Seriously, it looked like his eyes were going to pop out of their sockets for a moment as they watched my chest rise and fall.  My nipples had been doing their thing since I saw the look in his face, so between my basic shape and the thin wet cotton of my t-shirt, I was pretty sure I was giving him a nice show.

“I’d still like to play on Saturdays, though, Coach…” I said and made sure I made eye contact with him when he finally looked back up at my face and pulled my shirt up a bit, exposing my abs.  I’ve got a tiny waist and a pretty svelte soft looking tummy if I don’t tighten it up. “Its, um, more fun, playing with you, you know.  You’re so big and strong, and the way you move on the court, it makes me feel good, like, um, like I’m really learning, I mean.”

Would you believe he bought that?  If ever there was an example of how absolutely hopeless a man gets when faced with a pretty girl, I think that was it.  It wasn’t my first choice of a way to handle the whole thing, but it sure was the easiest.  In a way, I think it felt like more of a power rush than I get from superstrength to sidetrack him like that, and I know it felt way smoother. Honestly, I felt standing over him that I pretty much could have talked him into anything.

I didn’t really come down from the high until I checked my cell phone and saw there was still no call from Ted.  What’s with the guy?  Did he think he’d be too eager if he called me back the next day?  Or maybe I was too much for him, or he just got bored with my conversation.  That, as much as I don’t like to admit it, was a really good possibility.  I’m not exactly the smartest girl, and since I really did try not to tease Ted except when it was part of the game, maybe that’s what was wrong.  

It was only three o’clock in the afternoon and since I didn’t really have anything else to do, I decided to go for a fly.  I usually don’t do that much during the day, between school and not wanting to get spotted, but I really needed the fresh air, so why the hell not.  I slipped into the empty girls locker room, pulled out my mask and pulled of my big sweaty t-shirt before taking off.  

In case there are any horny guys out there reading this, I guess you ought to get a blurb or two about how I feel about clothes.  I like them just fine, and they definitely serve a purpose as far as keeping people’s eyes from popping out, but its not like I really need them, and when I fly or even run fast, I tend to be pretty hard on them.  So, this afternoon, I basically just kept my shorts and sports bra on.  Although it was tempting to take that off too, I  didn’t.  My boobs don’t hurt when they bounce like some girls, but it isn’t exactly comfortable either, and if I accelerate fast enough, they sort of do get a little achy at times.  Plus, this way, if I did get spotted, at least I was a little less likely to cause a car wreck or something.

What I really need is some sort of great costume or something, but like I mentioned, I’m kind of hard on clothes, and stuff like that, superheroine outfits, at least the ones that can handle me, don’t come cheap.  My bras, for example, get worn out in like half the time of my moms.  Some of its neglect on my part, I guess, but I think there’s something about the way I’m put together that does it too.  They get real worn around the nipples, usually, even if they don’t pop before that.  Someday, I’m going to really figure the whole costume out, but for now, I pretty much strip down a lot and put on a mask.

I flew over the wildlife preserve for awhile, then headed up to a safe altitude and practiced in air turns and stuff until I was sick of it, all the while thinking about… you guessed it, Ted.  Finally, I just couldn’t take it any longer and I headed over towards his house.  I spotted his house from about 2,000 feet up and bit my lip before risking landing on his roof.  Not only was I afraid of getting spotted, but landings are still not my forte, so when I landed with only a tiny thump and one broken shingle, I felt pretty relieved.  From then, it was just a matter of really focusing my Xray vision and trying to hear what was going on down there.  My hearing is pretty good, but its not like I can tune out the background noise that well, so I was pretty much just watching.

It only took me a couple of seconds to find him his bedroom.  But what he was doing almost made me fall off the roof.  Ted, my Ted, the guy I’d been contemplating baring all to, had his arms around some girl.  Me, the  girl with an invulnerable tummy who’d never had a stomach ache in her life, I was suddenly confronted with an agonizing pain that made me bend over and lose my focus on him.  I slid down the roof, catching myself just before I hit the gutters and launched myself into the air.

I probably did really mess up the roof then, and might even have knocked out some windows or something with a sonic boom, but just then I really didn’t care.  My heart was broken and moreover, I was mad, way too mad to hang around for even a minute longer for fear I’d do something I’d really regret.

I flew around for another hour or so, fast and furious, before heading back to the gym, picking up my clothes and going home.  I didn’t even speak to my Mom when I came in and headed right up to the computer to type this.  I’d intended to write some really really nasty shit about Ted, but now that I’ve gotten this far, I just don’t have the energy.  I think I’m gonna stay in my room tonight and not even answer the phone.  Maybe today was just a bad dream, or maybe, maybe I will answer it if it shows up as Ted on my caller ID, just to give him a piece of my mind.

Um.. bye now.    

2 Comments:

  • At 11/03/2005 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flying without clothes only makes sense, Daph. At any speed greater an a car, they flap and tear and make noise. As you approach the Mach, you'll lose them anyway.

    The problem is arriving at the other end in presentable form. I would suggest a slim, formfitting daypack, something that's made out of metal weave which can take the abuse.

    Strip down, toss your clothes inside, do your think in the buff, and then get dressed before you cause too much havoc on the other end of your flight.

    And if you happen to get into a fight or have to deal with some perp along the way, they having your clothes in the pack is likely to distract them enough to make it easy to take them down without anyone else getting hurt.

    Men are wired funny when an outrageous cute girl floats down from the sky and stands in front of them, hands on hips, stark naked.

    Murder and mayhem are definitely not what they have in mind at that point.

    Shadar

     
  • At 11/04/2005 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see the expert has chimed in!

    As for Ted -- well, if he knew sll sbout you, he'd know you were too hsrd to get into anyway. So what could you two DO?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters