SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Arent you glad I didnt get carded?

I got them.  Stopped the robbery ring, or at least busted the two guys who tried to hold up the Liquor store and Elm and Mulberry tonight.  Was it easy?  Well, yeah, it really sort of was.

I showed up about 11:30 wearing a track suit with my mask stuffed inside the pocket, made a quick sweep overhead and then dropped down on top of a roof and waited.  That, let me tell you was boring as all I don’t know what, but after like forever, this 1970’s muscle car thing pulled up in front of the place and a big guy in a stocking cap got out.  I’m no genius, but guys wearing panties on their head, they’re either real freaks, or up to no good.

While he went into the store, I dropped own on the car and incapacitated it.  No big deal, really.  I just snuck around the back and pinched the back tire.  By the time the driver got out, I’d hopped over the car and was making my way into the store.  What did I see?

A guy with a gun pointed at the man behind the counter.  If I’d really been on the ball, I’d have taken him out without even being seen, but stupid me, I knocked down a case of whiskey lying in the doorway.  By the time I looked down to see what the heck I’d done, the guy had half turned towards me, so, seeing as he wasn’t pointing the gun at the storekeeper, I just moved in and took the gun from him before he even knew what was happening.

The guy started cursing at me, or at least I think that’s what he was doing, but it was kind of hard to tell because the sirens started going off outside.  That sort of sucked, because it meant I had to hurry, so instead of really playing with the guy, I just gave him a little tap in the stomach and he went down.

The other dude was sliding all over the street by then, moving way too fast to be safe with a flat tire, but by the time I got to his car, I was really tired of getting rushed. Stopping a moving car is not all that easy, at least if you want to do it without causing major destruction, so I followed him for a couple of blocks before he slowed down and I pulled off the drivers side door and yanked him out.  

Now, I’m not exactly a scary looking girl, but doing things like ripping off car doors tends to be a little big intimidating.  Likewise, I guess the fact that I didn’t bother to undo the seatbelt, plus the way his leg sort of got tangled in the steering wheel sort of scared him, but the net result was, by the time I put him down and started asking him questions, he was in pretty bad shape, moaning and whining and all that.

Jeez, I hate that.  Its easy to grab a guy and do whatever, but when you want to like get information out of them, you have to look them in the eyes, and there’s like nothing that gets me like a guy in pain.  I mean, he was like sobbing and all, and its just like plain hard to interrogate anyone like that.  After a couple of secs, I realized it was pretty hopeless.  If there were other people involved, I wasn’t going to find out from him, not without taking him somewhere else and letting him calm down, and even then, his leg started bleeding pretty bad. I  ended up leaving him back by the liquor store, and made my getaway just as the cops finally turned the corner.  I don’t think they got a good look at me.

Another day, another good deed, I guess.  I just hope that they weren’t like part of some real big organization or something.  I wander if I’ll make the papers?  I bet not, because the police’ll probably take all the credit.  Still, I know I did good.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters