SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Musings on superpowers

I think I’ve got ADD. I’m not sure how it could apply to me, but some
of the symptoms match pretty well. I haven’t written here in a few
days, and that’s like one of the reasons why. The others, well, the
school week was boring, and I was sort of just looking forward to Friday
night with Ted.

How was it you ask? Well, it was pretty cool, at least until after the
game, when we went up to the Point and Ted started to make a move on me.
I think I screwed that one up big time.

Let me explain something about superspeed and supersenses. I pretty
much try to avoid using them about 99% of the time. Its not only
confusing to hear, see and feel things that acutely, but between that,
and waiting for everything to unfold like molasses, its also freaky,
sometimes boring, and really makes me feel incredibly lonely. If you’ve
ever watched the grass grow, you may have sort of feeling of what its
like. Sure, I can see even the little cells dividing and stuff if I
really concentrate, but the big picture, the stuff I actually care
about, takes forever.

So, what sort of happened up there at the Point was, well, Scott’s hands
and lips felt so good, I actually wanted to make everything last, and I
sort of went into overdrive, even though I didn’t move all that quickly.
It was cool at first, because, well, I can take bullets with these
boobs, but my skin is also, at the same time supersensitive, so’s I
could also make out the fine details of his fingertips as they pushed
against me, even through my shirt and bra.

But then I started paying attention to Ted, picking up on his heartbeat,
his skin temperature and the way his muscles were contracting and stuff.
Its sort of icky to do that, but when you’re thinking at superspeed,
you can do a lot of stuff at the same time, and well, it was sort of
fun, too. But then my impatience and curiosity got the best of me, and
I started playing with him. No, before you think that, I didn’t do
something freaky like reach down and touch his thing. That probably
wouldn’t have been a real disaster, not to mention really embarrassing.

Instead, I just kept my hands on his back and behind, but I also like
really paid attention to how he reacted to what I was doing. His
heartbeat increased abit when I arched by back and pressed my chest
against him, so I did that a little more, and the same thing worked as
far as pressing his crotch against mine. I mean basically, I guess we
were dryhumping, or at least that’s what Ted started doing.

Then I must have miscalculated or something, because his body tightened
up and he blew his wad in his jeans. Ordinarily, I guess that might
have been embarrassing for a guy, but Ted didn’t like just apologize or
get red or anything. He just lay there wheezing, taking these humongous
breaths for a long time, and I mean a long time even after I turned down
the superspeed thing.

During that time, I got a good look at him, and let me tell you, I
wasn’t all that happy about the results. Granted, he was all in one
piece, but my supervision pretty much told me that I’d given him bruises
with my hands, my tongue, even with my boobs. Faint ones, ones that
might not even show to a normal person, but it was still pretty shocking
to see how fragile he was, even when I’d been so careful.

Of course, I don’t think he minded, because my the time he dropped me
off, his body was raring to go again, but I’m not all that sure how I
feel about it. I mean, I pretty much played with the guy, even without
him knowing it, and it didn’t much feel like I think its supposed to.
In books and stuff, sex is like something people do together, only this
wasn’t like that. Its freaky, but honestly, when things were getting
intense, I didn’t feel like Ted was a person, so much as like a toy I
could play with.

It got me thinking, as I went upstairs. Forget the sex thing, but
suppose I tried like keeping on the supersenses and speed thing at other
times. Honestly, I don’t think I’m supersmart, even if I can read stuff
way faster than anyone else.
But I can outthink anyone in terms of speed, and I can see stuff that
other people can’t. Seems like I could put that to use, if I can figure
out how. Its sort of like on TV. Superman’s always hanging around and
letting bullets bounce off him, when, I mean lets face it, he ought to
be able to tell the guy’s gonna squeeze the trigger way before it
happens, just by looking at the guy.

The idea’s got some practical uses, too. For one thing, until I can
either afford a whole closet full of costumes or find one that can hold
up worth a damn, I’ve been trying to practice my superheroine stuff
secretly, so’s not to attract too much attention. But it occurs to me
that, at least a whole of the time, I ought to be able to do stuff
without people even knowing what’s going on. I mean, think about it.
If I want to stop a bank robbery, do I really have to wait until its all
come down? Not if I can figure out how to stop it before then and do it
without exposing that I even did anything.

Then, there’s how it might carry over into my other life. I know I can
cheat on tests and stuff, that’s not what I’m talking about. But lets
say I want a job, as a waitress say, cause that’s easy. If I really
just study how the interviewer reacts to me, could I get him to hire me
by moving this way or that, or maybe saying the right things? That
thing with Coach was like an example, only, well, it really seems like
there’s more to be done with it than that. I can see neurons firing and
stuff in people’s heads and all. I almost wonder if there’s a way to
figure out what those brain cells are thinking about.

Now that would be a real superpower. Just think about it. If I could
do that, I could spot a guy casing a bank during the day and know what’s
he’s going to do way before he gets around to doing it. And I could
also tell how Ted might react if I told him. Well, maybe not, I guess,
unless I could predict the future, but still, it might be worth pursuing.

I think maybe on Monday, I’m going to start trying to pay more attention
to people, seeing if I can’t figure out stuff from what I can see with
my xray vision and all. If nothing else, it will give me something to
do while I’m bored at school

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters