SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving (yawn)

My thanksgiving was fairly typical, I guess.  We always do the Turkey day thing with my Auntie Em and Uncle Charlie, and as usual, I got pretty much overwhelmed by my twin cousins Eric and Erin.  Eric’s ok, I think, but its not like we’ve got a lot in common.  Erin on the other hand, is a frigging nightmare.  She’s like eight feet tall, skinny as rail, with this gorgeous red hair and green eyes that I’d kill for.  She’s also like seriously brilliant and she knows it.

They’re only a couple of years older than I am, but there’s like a world apart.  Eric’s still in high school, but Erin’s already halfway finished with her undergraduate degree and mostly just goes to school because of some funky law about it.  She’s always been smart, and since we were kids, has always made me feel, well, short and stupid.  Its not like she’s mean exactly, I mean, its more complicated than that.  I think she was actually trying to be nice this time, but at the same time, she was talking to me more like I was a slightly retarded kid rather than a peer.  

Honestly, I was sort of glad when Dad suggested we call it an early night on account of Mom’s ankle.  I’d had just about all the talking down to I could handle from Erin and Eric was looking at me in a way cousins just plain shouldn’t.  

Not much of an exciting Thanksgiving, huh?  Well, guess what, as much as I complained about it, I really didn’t mind it all that much.  They’re family, and its nice to have a family.  Plus, when I got home, Ted called, and we talked for awhile.  That was cool.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/26/2005 10:24 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey there,
    That's a rather complicated question. Mom and Dad are the only ones who know the whole story, I guess and have any clue about just how exceptional I am. But Eric and Erin, for example, long since figured out that I was faster and stronger than I looked, even as a little kid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters