SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Am I not alone

Am  I not alone?

I’m asking because something really weird happened yesterday.  This girl, I thought she was just a reader of my blog, but yesterday, she dropped me an IM that said she’d put up her own blog.  I checked it out, and guess what?  She says she’s getting superpowers.  If you don’t believe me, look over to the left under links and check out Risatara.

She seems nice enough, but I’m not really sure what I think about this development.  On the one hand, I kind of like the idea of there being someone out there that I have stuff in common with.  But on the other hand, I’m not sure I’d wish my life on anyone.  And I’m really not sure I’d wish anyone else to have powers like mine, purely as a matter of safety for everyone else.

I’ve screwed up and hurt people before, even killed them.  And I don’t even want to think about the property damage I’ve caused just by accident.  I’ve also hurt my parents.. my dad’s back is never going to be the same again, and that I did when I was just a kid.  It’d be pretty easy for a girl like me to make a real mess of things, and honestly, I spend a whole lot of energy just making sure I don’t.  I just hope, if this Risatara chick isn’t just pulling some sort of hoax, that she’s not a real bitch and has a decent head on her shoulders.  If not, you guys had better watch out.  Not that it would do you much good.

Of course, there’s some stuff there that I find really interesting. She got a telegram?  Now that’s interesting because nobody ever sent me a nice little note like that.  Of course, I was always different, even as a kid.  The pediatrician couldn’t draw my blood as a baby.  I bet he could have though, back then if he’d tried harder, but now.. I doubt it.  My powers seemed to like skyrocket around puberty, and what was merely a little different suddenly became way over the top.  This Risatara chick seems to be coming into hers awfully suddenly.  I hope she’s careful, because its really easy to hurt people.

Daphne

9 Comments:

  • At 11/30/2005 12:15 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Risatara,

    I am not saying that you're a hoax. I'm saying you could be, and, well, as long as you're not a hoax, I'm sure you can sympathize with how nervous it might make me to have someone else like you running around. I don't know about you, but just because it would kill someone doesn't make me not want to slap them sometimes. It keeps me from doing it, sure, but only because of the consequences, not because I'm not mad.

    Actually, I am really excited about the possiblity of meeting you. For one thing, whomever is giving you all this information might know something that could help me. I'm flying, but doing it blind, even with Xray vision.

    Damn... study hall's over. See ya around, maybe.

    Daph

     
  • At 11/30/2005 3:01 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Only if you can fly, too? Too bad I can't use X-ray vision across the internet or I might just check up on your claims in person.

    BTW, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that. I value my privacy and I'm sure you value yours.

    Daphne

     
  • At 11/30/2005 3:29 PM, Blogger Black said…

    I really didnt think the rumors were true...but whaddya know. There are others like me. Whats up?

     
  • At 11/30/2005 4:47 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Another one? I'm starting to think that I waited WAY too long to start writing this blog.

    You wouldn't happen by chance to be a guy would you?

    Daph

     
  • At 11/30/2005 5:15 PM, Blogger Black said…

    Sorry love. All fem.

     
  • At 12/01/2005 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And now there's Marina, too, I see from a link at Risatara's.

    I'll leave it up to the three of you whether any of you want to "meet." But it could get really complicated, what with different origin stories, etc.

     
  • At 12/01/2005 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If these other supergirls weren't underage, I suppose you could wish Ted off on one of them. Contrariwise, you could have Ted get the same makeover as Marina -- but that would play hob with your canon!

     
  • At 12/01/2005 10:19 AM, Blogger Black said…

    Woah woah woah hon...I didnt get my powers from what happened... I had them sleeping within...I just was just lucky that this incident well...pushed them out Ristara. -_-

     
  • At 12/01/2005 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, so all three of you were born with powers that were somehow triggered by puberty. Guess you have the same genes, if not the same jeans.

    Might be amusing to run a crossover story at The Bright Empire about you all getting together for some mission (not part ofthe blogs or the Daphne RPG). "Tale of the Super Troika." Ye gods!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters