SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Typing away in the car

Well, you’re friendly little supergirl in training is now on her way home from vacation, trapped in the backseat of a way too small car and typing away on a lap top. So much for glamorously flying all over the world in an instant, huh? As tempting as it is, it’s a bitch to carry luggage that way, and besides, explaining just how I got home would sort of be a pain in the neck.

I’m torn, at the moment, between leaving the beach and all those issues with Tweedledee and Tweedledum and the mysterious kid behind me, or coming back to try and deal with them later. Although it takes hours to make the drive, I can fly it much more quickly, and a little safe snooping in a strange town might actually be good practice for me. There’s that cop I met on the beach, too. Been thinking about him a lot, or maybe not just him but cops in general. I’ve always thought of them as mostly a pain in the neck as far as I’m concerned, but now I’m rethinking. Even short of actually coming full public, it seems like I ought to be able to get individual cops to help me out pretty easily. I mean, none of those guys egos can probably hold up to what I can do to them, and there’s the whole t and a thing helping me out too.

But regardless of how I go about it, one thing is crystal clear to even my sometimes foggy brain: I need to do more than mope around in my miserable attempts to be a normal girl. One, I just plain suck at it, ok, and that’s downright depressing. Two, I need challenges I can meet, not ones that are so incredibly way over my head I get beaten to a pulp every time. In “real life” I’m a klutz and a loser, and the cartoonish figure and face I’ve got only make things worse, not better. But in “my other real life” I’m likely totally f-ing invincible. Certainly, I haven’t met anything I can’t deal with, and my guess is I’m not likely to from a physical perspective. I still have to work on the technique and strategy stuff, but the only way I’m going to improve is with practice, so that’s what I’m going to do.

Yay!!!! We’re pulling over for gas. I’ll check in later.

Daph

1 Comments:

  • At 7/21/2006 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got a lot of catching up to do, fer sure. Again, glad to see you back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters