SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Heading to the Himalayas

Today is going to be a much better day than yesterday; I can feel it in my bones.

And no, in case you’re wondering I’m not wasting my time going to see My Super-Ex Girlfriend. Seems like a complete and utter waste of time. I am, however, still not feeling especially social, so I cooked up this new idea: Mountain climbing.

Seems like there’s always something bad happening way up high in the Himalayas, and since I hear helicopters have a tough time rescuing people at those altitudes, I’ll see how I do. Course, I’m not exactly close to any really high mountains, and I don’t have anything close to a proper wardrobe, so I’m going to have to wing it.

First off, if I want to fly to Nepal and back in a day, it’s a sad fact of life that I’m not going to be able to wear anything while I’m doing it. Maybe somebody’s got fabric that will hold up to those speeds, but I don’t and I probably couldn’t afford it. So basically, I’m going to do the whole flying in the buff thing, and try to pack up something climate appropriate in an old steel suitcase dad’s got lying around to change into once I get there. Cold weather doesn’t like make me sick or anything, but its not like I enjoy getting ice all over my naked body, so I figured I’d pack up a set of tights, and a fleece jacket. Its not really all that warm, but at least, if I do meet up with anyone, I’m a little less likely to freak them out. And don’t want to make any abominable snowmen too horny.

Next problem, I guess is directions. Seems like if I fly either due east or west, I’ll get in the general vicinity, but after I spot the Himalayas, how am I going to know where I am. They don’t put up road signs up there, you know, and finding, say the little flags on top of Everest isn’t all that easy. I want one of those cell phones with a GPS, but they’re sort of pricey, so I’m going to have to wait on that. I got on Mapquest, and it seems pretty easy to like find Kathmandu, and from there I ought to pretty much like go northeast and I’ll get to Everest. Wish me luck.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters