SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rendezvous at the Super 5 Motel

Frank Krupke was lying on the bed, barely paying any attention as his partner, Sheila Gonzales babbled. For an old broad, Sheila still looked pretty good, but she didn’t hold a candle to Daphne, or even most of her nubile young friends. Frank and Sheila had been casing their subject for three days now, and it was seriously beginning to get to both of them, albeit a bit differently. Frank was frustrated as hell, and not just with all the hot jailbait either. His partner Sheila’s reaction to the kids was really driving him up the wall, and he was fighting this urge to slap her just to shut her up. She was babbling incessantly, talking a mile a minute about the girl like she was some sort of threat that needed to be gotten rid of.

“I’m telling you, Frank, I know what our instructions were, but this girl’s a whole hell of a lot more than HQ thinks. She’s dangerous, Frank, and if we leave her alone and just put what little we’ve got in our report, who do you think is going to get the ax when it turns out we missed something really big? Us, that’s who? This could be our big break, Frank. I’m serious. Are you listening, or thinking about those fake boobs again?”

“Christ, Sheila, come off it, already. We can’t put your jealous paranoia on paper. The kid’s pretty weird, I’ll give you that, but she’s not a bug or anything. I’m guessing she’s human even, just, well, maybe a mutant or something. But its not our job to terminate.”

“She’s definitely not human, Frank, whether she’s a mutant or an alien, I’m telling you that little tart is definitely something else.”

“Yeah, I know” Frank replied.

“Oh shut up, Frank” Sheila said as she turned back to her laptop and hit a few keys. After a moment, she looked up, her eyes flashing with excitement.

“The internet, Frank! We didn’t bother with her computer. All those bugs and telephone taps, and the kid’s probably communicating via the internet!”

Sheila started tapping away and I started worrying. Thanks to one of my online friends, I’d figured out they might be in a nearby hotel, and with a little dose of superhearing and X-ray vision, I’d been doing some surveillance of my own. But what now? I couldn't let them get to the internet, that's for sure. They'd know everything that you guys know.

I panicked and the doorknob squished, so I just pushed it open and stepped over to where Sheila was, kicking her chair away from the computer and stood there looking down on her for a moment while I tried to figure out what to say. Guess that was dumb, because she stood up and landed a punch right in my gut.

I just stared at her as she nursed her broken hand for a moment. I was pissed, and picked her up by the neck.

"You bitch!" I said. "What did I ever to do to you?"

Sheila was blabbering in pain, I'm not sure whether I was too rough on her skinny little neck or whether it was her hand, but it was pretty hard to listen to. I dropped her, and the instant I did, I felt like .. its hard to describe, but it was sort of like an electrical shock.

"Oh F-ck!" Frank cried out as I turned around and spotted him holding some little silver metal gun sort of thing pointed in my direction.

"Did you just shoot me with that, Frank?" I said, "cause it didn't feel good. I wonder what it would do to you?"

I stepped over and pulled it out of his hand and looked at it, ignoring the punch he threw at my jaw. Evidently he hit my jaw pretty squarely though, because I heard lots of bones in his hand crunch.

"Enough of that already" I said, dropping the gun and scooping up first Frank and then Sheila and setting them down on the bed before jumping up between them and placing one hand on each of their chests. With me kneeling between them, neither one was going anywhere, and I was pretty sure they couldn't hurt themselves much in that position.

"Here's the deal, guys" I said, "it'd be ridiculous easy for me to just push down and rip out your hearts." And gross too, but I wasn't going to say that. I was going for effect here. "And when you're done answering all my questions, I can still find you and do it again, pretty much anytime I want. You got that?"

They squirmed a bit and I pushed down just a bit and then let up, standing up and going into the bathroom. Sheila bolted and I beat her to the door, grabbing her by the hair and led her back to the bed.

"Will you frigging stop it?" I said. "I was looking for like Motrin or something. You guys are going to need to go to the hospital, but I want some answers, first."

"We're professionals, Daphne" Sheila spat out, "we don't need Motrin, and we don't give...."

I lost my cool and shoved her off the bed. I tried to do it gently, but she sort of flew off into the wall.

"D... Daphne..." Frank said, "ok, look, I'll answer any questions you've got" Frank said, placing his hand on my leg and tugging at my jeans.

"Thank goodness" I said. "You got diet cokes in the fridge. You want one?"I asked as I stepped off the bed and opened it up.

Frank started to talk.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/27/2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good cop. Bad cop. Badder Daphne.

    Or is your name really Michelina Hammer?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters