SuperDaph

The trials and tribulations of a teenager who's just a little bit different from everyone else.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pondering Morality, sort of

I've been thinking a whole lot about some heavy stuff since that problem down in New Orleans, and I thought I'd just work through some of it here, in case any of y0u guys have any thoughts. Some of you have already tried to help me out, but I'm afraid that sort of begs the question.

I don't think I'm going to turn myself into the New Orleans Police. Ive been thinking a lot about it, but honestly, much as I'd like to say, hey, I'm subject to the law too, I think that that would be a cop out. It'd be so easy to say, hey, I'm just a kid, and I need someone to tell me what to do and even punish me when I messed up, but seriously, who would I trust to tell me what to do an all.

Let's face it, it sounds awful, but the law wasn't designed for someone like me, and I don't think its a good idea if I used that as an excuse. Like, if I let myself be arrested and thrown in jail, what good is that gonna do? I suppose you could say I'd learn my lesson, but I don't know how much worse it could be than me staying awake thinking about the guy's family and all. Its not like I could get executed or anything. And if I'm in jail, I'm not out righting wrongs, or even practicing to do that. More people might die, and what's the point?

I'm by no means certain of my reasoning here, and there's something about all this that makes me sick to my stomach, but sometimes I think that may just be a necessary evil to having superpowers. With great power comes great responsibility, right? Well, I know I'm dodging a lot of responsiblity at the moment by not spending all my time trying to save people and all, but I don't think I can do it forever, and don't want to make it any worse.

The other thing is, if I come out now, I'm not sure how it might affect things with Tweedlee and Tweedledum's agency. I'm still waiting for a call back from them, and they might not appreciate me making the headlines and all. I think I'm just going to try and stay "stealth" for awhile.

Oh.. by the way. Some of you guys may have seen the little link to Skye and Franck on the right there. I'm going to try and meet up with her, 'cause, well, in addition to wanting to meet her (and Franck too, but I'm gonna restrain myself), I'm figuring that it might be a good thing to have someone a little bit older and more mature (she definitely seems more mature anyways) who can relate to some of my issues. I just hope she doesn't find me, like hopelessly adolescent and annoying. Wish me luck.

Daph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters